FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Press Office
SiSoftware Sandra 2007 Released
Latest version of award-winning utility includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features
NB: This version has been replaced by Sandra 2007 SP1.
London, UK, May 7th 2006 - SiSoftware has announced the availability of SiSoftware Sandra 2007, the latest version of its award-winning utility which includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, Pocket PC1, Smartphone1, small office/home office (SOHO) networks and enterprise networks.
In this version, the SiSoftware Sandra user interface has been re-written to make it even easier for users to locate the tools and modules they need. This is the biggest visual interface change to the software in the last decade. Following feedback, the help file has been updated and is now fully HTML based, providing a familiar, clear, interface to the user.
SiSoftware continues to strive towards understanding its user base better from day-to-day, release-to-release. We have recognised the two distinct markets of home enthusiast and business IT professionals. In the last version (Sandra 2005), we fully decoupled the client from the underlying technology engine in order to best aid networks. We continue to see the clear difference in the markets between home and business users, and are committed to supporting both. With this version, we now offer a home (Workgroup) version and a business (Domain) version. This has allowed us to bring down the cost for home users!
With each release, we add new support and compatibility for the latest hardware, architectures and operating systems and this is no exception. We have also taken the opportunity to add 4 new benchmarks, 2 new modules, and updated many more.
As new technology comes out, the SiSoftware team works with hardware and software manufacturers to best understand their new technologies before it is generally available. In our continued commitment to extend platform support, we have made a single multi-platform (Win32 x86, Win64 x64, WinCE ARM) multi-language installer.
- 3 platform support (Win32 x86, Win64 x64, WinCE ARM) in a single installer
- 13 established benchmarking modules, native for all platforms
- 34 detailed information modules
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (Intel*, AMD*, ATI*, SiS*, VIA*)
- 6 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian) in a single installer
- Enhanced Lite version (free for personal/educational use)
What's New in Sandra 2007
- Brand new GUI: modern, dynamic, cool interface
- Brand new help file HTML: better accessibility
- 4 new benchmarks:
- Power Management Efficiency: Benchmark power management efficiency of the processor(s)
- Memory Latency: Benchmark the latency of caches and memory
- Physical Disks: Benchmark hard disks
- CD-ROM and DVD: Benchmark CD-ROM, DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray* drives
- 4 updated benchmarks:
- SSE3 & SSSE32 Processor(s) Arithmetic benchmarks
- SSSE32 Processor(s) Multi-Media benchmark
- updated File System benchmark
- updated Removable Storage benchmark
- New platform support:
- Windows Mobile* 5.01 (Pocket PC1 & Smartphone1)
- New hardware support:
- AMD* M2 DDR2 (Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2, Opteron, Turion, Sempron) processors
- ATI* Radeon XPRess 3200/RD580, RS600 chipsets support
- Intel* Core Duo/Solo (Yonah), Core 2 Duo (Merom, Conroe, Woodcrest) processors
- Intel* 975X, 945GM, 854PM chipsets support
- Intel* 7230 chipset support
- VIA* C7 processors
- VIA* CN400, CN700, CX700 (C7) chipsets support
- VIA* K8M890, C8N890 K8T900 (Athlon64) chipsets support
- VIA* P4M890, PN800 chipsets support
- More to be disclosed upon release
- New hardware monitor support:
- Analog Devices* ADT7473, ADT7475, ADT7476, ADT7481
- Fintek* F75383, F75384, F75373S, F75375S/SP
- Winbond* W83782D
1 Requires device and applicable synchronisation software. Code unlocked Smartphone required.
2 Available as beta at this time.
* Other brands and names are the property of their respective owners.
For more details, and to purchase the commercial versions, please click here.
Updating or Upgrading
To update your existing commercial version, please contact your distributor (sales support).
For more details, and to download the Lite version, please click here.
Reviewers and Editors
For your free review copies, please contact us.
SiSoftware, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as "SANDRA", was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Nearly 700 worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today's computers. Over 9,000 on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Since launch, SiSoftware has always been at the forefront of the technology arena, being among the first providers of benchmarks that show the power of emerging new technologies such as multi-core, GPGPU, OpenCL, DirectCompute, x64, ARM, MIPS, NUMA, SMT (Hyper-Threading), SMP (multi-threading), AVX3, AVX2, AVX, FMA4, FMA, NEON, SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3, SSE3, SSE2, SSE, Java and .NET.
SiSoftware is located in London, UK. For more information, please visit http://www.sisoftware.net, http://www.sisoftware.eu, http://www.sisoftware.info or http://www.sisoftware.co.uk