FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Press Office
SiSoftware Sandra 2009 SP3 Released: Live Benchmark Rankings!
NB: This version has been replaced by Sandra 2010.
London, UK, 20th April 2009 - SiSoftware is excited to launch a major new feature, Live Benchmark Rankings, included in the latest version of its award-winning program, SiSoftware Sandra.
With each new version, we have always included a sample set of product test results; for practical reasons, it has not been possible to include results from all of the products on the market. This new functionality allows Sandra to include far more results from the start, with more results being added by Sandra users worldwide.
For existing customers, this functionality is available as a free download as part of the new service pack (SP3). New customers can also sample this functionality as part of the new Lite version.
What are the benefits of Sandra's Live Benchmark Ranking?
- Live access to test results of the latest products on the market, as reviewed by established review websites and magazines. Currently, over 600 publications use SiSoftware products in their reviews - please see the Reviews & Benchmark Results page for the current list of reviews.
- Live access to thousands of results submitted by other Sandra users, in addition to the hundreds of reference test results provided by SiSoftware.
- Compare the performance of your devices (or the devices you intend to purchase) in different platforms; check that they meet performance expectations.
- Find out which devices overclock the best; see how far other users have overclocked the devices you own: get the best performance for your money!
- Automatic backup and restoring of your test results: Sandra will download them automatically to a new installation, a new computer or any computer on your network.
- Form teams with your friends or colleagues and get your team to rank highest; share your test results and benefit from those of many other users. Become a part of our worldwide community.
- Open implementation: SiSoftware is working with other ranking engines and will add further support as soon as possible.
Exciting new features
- Hundreds of new reference test results thanks to our community of Beta testers. Our thanks for all their hard work.
- Support for updated GPGPU Benchmarks: AMD Stream 1.41 and nVidia CUDA 2.21.
- Dynamic GPGPU work-load scheduler when using different GPGPU cards in the same system or a dedicated GPGPU card in a system with integrated graphics (IGP) when both support GPGPU features.
- Improved measurement accuracy in Physical Disks, File Systems, Flash/SSD benchmarks (0.01ms instead of 1ms): now you can measure the fastest new SSDs and other flash devices more accurately.
- Improved measurement accuracy in Memory Latency, Multi-Core Efficiency benchmarks (0.1ns instead of 1ns): now you can measure the fastest new processors and memory sub-systems more accurately.
- VIA Nano (mobile) 64-bit processor in Windows Vista SP2*/Server 2008 SP2* and future Windows 7*/Server 2008 R2*.
- Advanced test results management, including: customisation, import/export to common file formats, download of Ranked test results and integration with Price engines to determine the best value products on the market.
With each release, we add new support for and compatibility to the latest hardware, architectures and operating systems, and this release is no exception. SiSoftware continues to work with hardware vendors to ensure the best support for new emerging hardware.
- 4 native architectures support (x86, x64/AMD64/EM64T, IA64/Itanium2, ARM).
- 2 native GPGPU platforms support (AMD CTM/STREAM1, nVidia CUDA1, future Intel).
- 3 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 9, DirectX 10/10.1).
- 23 established benchmarking modules, 4 new to version 2009.
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (Intel, AMD/ATI, SiS, VIA/Centaur).
- 7 charting options: combined, components, performance vs. speed/power/cost, capacity vs. power/cost charts.
- 6 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Japanese) thanks to our Translators.
- Enhanced Sandra Lite version (free for personal/educational use)
1 Available as Beta at this time, performance cannot be guaranteed.
2 By special arrangement; Enterprise versions only.
For more details, and to purchase the commercial versions, please click here.
Updating or Upgrading
To update your existing commercial version, please contact your distributor (sales support).
For more details, and to download the Lite version, please click here.
Reviewers and Editors
For your free review copies, please contact us.
SiSoftware, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as "SANDRA", was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Nearly 700 worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today's computers. Over 9,000 on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Since launch, SiSoftware has always been at the forefront of the technology arena, being among the first providers of benchmarks that show the power of emerging new technologies such as multi-core, GPGPU, OpenCL, DirectCompute, x64, ARM, MIPS, NUMA, SMT (Hyper-Threading), SMP (multi-threading), AVX3, AVX2, AVX, FMA4, FMA, NEON, SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3, SSE3, SSE2, SSE, Java and .NET.
SiSoftware is located in London, UK. For more information, please visit http://www.sisoftware.net, http://www.sisoftware.eu, http://www.sisoftware.info or http://www.sisoftware.co.uk