FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Press Office
Service Pack 1 for SiSoftware Sandra XII Released
NB: This version has been replaced by Sandra XII SP2.
London, UK, December 10th 2007 - We are pleased to launch Service Pack 1 for SiSoftware Sandra XII, the latest version of our award-winning utility, which includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, and networks.
From one service pack to another, we strive to increase support for new hardware and software; we have also improved various existing functionalities suggested by our users. Adding more support features requires an in-depth understanding from the bare-metal up of how the hardware and associated architecture work, and how it is possible for ISV (Independent Software Vendors) to maximise the performance from the hardware in question in order to satisfy our users. This has only been made possible due to the valuable support and input from our hardware vendors.
Below is a quote we would like to share with you:
"AMD has a long-standing history of working with ISVs to ensure that their products take maximum advantage of our processor architecture and platforms. The AMD and SiSoftware relationship has been going strong for eight years and the latest release from SiSoftware can demonstrate the real performance achievable through our true quad-core AMD Phenom™ processor and native AMD Opteron™ Quad-Core processor architecture." – Leslie Sobon, Director of Desktop Marketing, AMD
- Wireless Performance: A new, dedicated benchmark which tests the performance of wireless adapters and access points or routers, against their link, speed and power. You will also have the ability to determine the quality of the connection (dropped packets, efficiency), as well as the impact of various security methods (WEP, WPA, WPA2).
- Tape and DAT Performance: A new, dedicated benchmark which tests the performance of tape backup devices, against their DAT rating and power. With digital data increasing in size as well as importance, the speed and reliability of backup solutions becomes even more significant.
Top 5 New User Functionalities
- Determine the value for money products ("bang per buck") and most efficient products (least power) by comparing performance against speed and power.
- Compare and contrast benchmark results with the community (friends, colleagues, reviewers) by exporting your own results and importing results from others.
- Measure the performance of your wireless and backup solution with the brand new benchmarks added in SP1.
- Get support for the latest hardware and software released, as well as new reference benchmarking results.
- Enjoy the increased performance and reliability improvements implemented in SP1.
Top 5 New Reviewer Functionalities
- Import or Export benchmark results between tested computers (XML, CSV, TAB) or import into other programs.
- Customise benchmark result parameters (name, speed, power) to add or modify.
- Save charts to images (GIF, PNG, JPEG) to make publishing easier.
- Brand charts (eg. title, background image, etc.) for Internet publication.
- Use common network database (through SiSoftware Data Service) to store all benchmark results from all tested clients, to easily compare, contrast or create reports.
For more details, and to purchase the commercial versions, please click here.
Updating or Upgrading
To update your existing commercial version, please contact your distributor (sales support).
For more details, and to download the Lite version, please click here.
Reviewers and Editors
For your free review copies, please contact us.
SiSoftware, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as "SANDRA", was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Nearly 700 worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today's computers. Over 9,000 on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Since launch, SiSoftware has always been at the forefront of the technology arena, being among the first providers of benchmarks that show the power of emerging new technologies such as multi-core, GPGPU, OpenCL, DirectCompute, x64, ARM, MIPS, NUMA, SMT (Hyper-Threading), SMP (multi-threading), AVX3, AVX2, AVX, FMA4, FMA, NEON, SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3, SSE3, SSE2, SSE, Java and .NET.
SiSoftware is located in London, UK. For more information, please visit http://www.sisoftware.net, http://www.sisoftware.eu, http://www.sisoftware.info or http://www.sisoftware.co.uk