FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SiSoftware Sandra 20/20 (2020) Released:
Brand-new benchmarks (AI/ML), hardware support
Superseded By: SiSoftware Sandra 20/21 (2021)
London, UK, July 18th, 2019 – We are pleased to announce the launch of SiSoftware Sandra 20/20 (2020), the latest version of our award-winning utility, which includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, mobile devices and networks.
It adds two Neural Networks AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) benchmarks for both CPU and GP (GPU) to measure both CNN (Convolution Neural Network) & RNN (Recurrent Neural Networks) performance on modern hardware.
It also adds hardware support and optimisations for brand-new CPU architectures (AMD Ryzen 2 (3000 series); Intel IceLake, CometLake, TigerLake) not forgetting GPGPU architectures across the various interfaces (CUDA, OpenCL, DirectX ComputeShader, OpenGL Compute).
As SiSoftware operates a “just-in-time” release cycle, some features were introduced in Sandra 2017 service packs: in Sandra Titanium they have been updated and enhanced based on all the feedback received.
Broad Operating System Support
All current versions supported: Windows 10, 8.1*, 8*, 7*; Server 2019, 2016, 2012/R2 and 2008/R2*
Brand new AI/ML benchmarks featuring both CNN & RNN networks testing both inference/forward and training/back-propagation performance. Brand new Internet DNS and Overall Internet Score benchmarks.
Processor Neural Networks (AI/ML)
A combined performance index of CNN (inference/forward & training) & RNN (inference/forward & training) for all precisions (single/FP32, double/FP64 floating-point) and instruction sets (AVX512, AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE4, SSE2, RTM/HLE with NUMA and large-page support)
GP (GPU) Neural Networks (AI/ML)
A combined performance index of CNN (inference/forward & training) & RNN (inference/forward & training) for all precisions (half/FP16, single/FP32 floating-point) and platforms (CUDA, OpenCL, DirectX Compute)
CNN (Convolution Neural Network) Architecture
Detailed document on the CNN architecture, data-sets and results that underpin our choices for the new benchmarks.
RNN (Recurrent Neural Network) Architecture
Detailed document on the RNN architecture, data-sets and results that underpin our choices for the new benchmarks.
Internet DNS Benchmark
Benchmark the performance of the DNS service. Measure the latency of both cached and un-cached DNS queries to local and remote DNS servers. [Added in R6 Update]
Internet Overall Score Benchmark
A combined performance index all Internet benchmarks (Connection (Bandwidth/Latency), Peerage (Bandwidth/Latency) and DNS (cached/un-cached Query Latency). Rate the overall performance of your Internet connection. [Added in R6 Update]
- All connections to website engines (Ranker, Information, Price) are now secured by SSL through HTTP.
- Sandra client (management console) is now installed as native 64-bit (on x64 and arm64) and thus needs 64-bit Access components (2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.) or SQL Server (2017, 2016, 2014, etc) for its database.
Key features of Sandra 20/20
- 4 native architectures support (x86, x64, ARM64** – Windows; ARM, ARM64, x86, x64 – Android)
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (AMD/ATI, nVidia, Intel).
- 4 native (GP)GPU/APU platforms support (OpenCL 2.1+, CUDA 11.0+, DirectX Compute Shader 12/11/10+, OpenGL Compute 4.5+, Vulkan 1.0+).
- 4 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 12/11/10, OpenGL 4.0+, Vulkan 1.0+).
- 9 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Russian) in a single installer.
- Enhanced Sandra Lite (Evaluation) version (free for personal/educational use, evaluation for other uses)
Articles & Benchmarks
For more details, please see the following articles:
- Intel Core Gen11 TigerLake ULV (i7-1165G7) Review & Benchmarks – CPU AVX512 Performance
- Intel Core Gen10 IceLake ULV (i7-1065G7) Review & Benchmarks – CPU AVX512 Performance
- Intel Core i9 10980X (Cascade Lake) Review & Benchmarks – CPU 18-core/36-thread AVX512 Performance
- Intel Core Gen10 CometLake ULV (i7-10510U) Review & Benchmarks – CPU Performance
For more details, and to purchase the commercial versions (Professional/Business/Engineer/Enterprise), please click here.
Updating or Upgrading
To update your existing commercial version (Professional/Business/Engineer/Enterprise), please click here.
For more details, and to download the Lite (Evaluation) version, please click here.
Reviewers and Editors
For your free review copies, please contact us.
SiSoftware, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as “SANDRA”, was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Many worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today’s computers. Thousands on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Since launch, SiSoftware has always been at the forefront of the technology arena, being among the first providers of benchmarks that show the power of emerging new technologies such as multi-core, GPGPU, OpenCL, OpenGL, DirectCompute, x64, ARM64, ARM, NUMA, SMT (Hyper-Threading), SMP (multi-threading), AVX512, AVX2/FMA3, AVX, NEON/2, SSE4.2/4, SSSE3, SSE2, SSE, Java and .NET.