Note: The original R4 release text has been updated below. The (*) denotes new changes.
We are pleased to release R4a (version 30.39) update for 20/20 (2020) with the following updates:
- Crypto AES Benchmarks*: Optimised AVX512/AVX2-VAES code to outperform AES-HWA where possible.
- Crypto SHA Benchmarks*: Select AVX512 multi-buffer instead of SHA-HWA where supported.
- Network (LAN), Wireless (WLAN/WWAN) Benchmarks: multi-threaded transfer tests and increased packet size to better utilise 10Gbe+ (and higher) links. [Note: threaded CPU required]
- Internet Connection, Internet Peerage Benchmarks: multi-threaded transfer tests and increased packet size to better utilise Gigabit+ (and higher) connections.
- Hardware Support:
- Updated IceLake (ICL Gen10 Core), Future* (RKL, TGL Gen11 Core) AVX512, VAES, SHA-HWA support (see CPU, GP-GPU, Cache & Memory, AVX512 improvement reviews)
- Updated CometLake (Gen10 Core) support (see CPU, GP-GPU, Cache & Memory reviews)
- Updated CPU features support*
- Updated NVMe support
- Enhanced Biometrics information (fingerprint, face, voice, audio, etc. sensors)
- Updated WiFi support (WiFi 6/802.11ax, WPA3)
- Various stability and reliability improvements
Reviews using Sandra 20/20:
- Intel Core Gen10 IceLake ULV (i7-1065G7) Review & Benchmarks – CPU AVX512 Performance
- Intel Iris Plus G7 Gen11 IceLake ULV (i7-1065G7) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance*
- AVX512 Improvement for Icelake Mobile (i7-1065G7 ULV)*
- Intel Core i9 10980X (Cascade Lake) Review & Benchmarks – CPU 18-core/36-thread AVX512 Performance
- Intel Core Gen10 Comet Lake ULV (i7-10510U) Review & Benchmarks – CPU Performance
Update & Download
Commercial version customers can download the free updates from their software distributor; Lite users please download from your favourite download site.