We are happy to release SP1 (Service Pack 1) to SiSoftware Sandra 2016.
This release introduces initial AVX512 benchmarks with all SIMD benchmarks due to be ported once compiler support becomes available:
– CPU Multi-Media (Fractal Generation): single, double floating-point; integer, long benchmarks ported to AVX512. [See article Future performance with AVX512]
– CPU Crypto (SHA Hashing): SHA2-256 and SHA2-512 multi-buffer ported to AVX512.
– Hardware support for future arch (AMD and Intel).
– .Net Multi-Media native vector support is vector width independent and thus will support AVX512 with a future CLR release automatically
– GPU Image Processing: New, more complex filters:
- Oil Painting: Quantise (9×9) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
- Diffusion: Randomise (256) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
- Marbling: Perlin Noise 2D (3 octaves) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
– CPU Image Processing: New, more complex filters
- Oil Painting: Quantise (9×9) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
- Diffusion: Randomise (256) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
- Marbling: Perlin Noise 2D (3 octaves) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
More benchmarks will be ported to AVX512 subject to compiler support; currently Microsoft’s VC++ does not support AVX512 intrinsics and in the interest of fairness we do not use specialised compilers.
Please see our article – Future performance with AVX512 – for a primer on AVX512 and projected performance improvements due to AVX512 and 512-bit transfers.