We are pleased to announce two updates: SP4 for Sandra 2016 and RTMc for Sandra 2017, both with updated fixes and optimisations.
Sandra 2017 Press Release
Sandra 2016 Press Release
- Updated hardware support to current Sandra 2017 standard including:
- AMD Ryzen (and future arch)
- Intel Core KabyLake (and future arch)
- Intel Atom ApolloLake (and future arch).
- Windows 7 software fixes: failure to launch if TPM2 update not installed.
- Updated CPU benchmarks to current Sandra 2017 standard including:
- Updated AVX512 benchmarks (Multi-Media, Hashing, Memory Bandwidth)
- Crash in SSE2/SSE4 FFT benchmarks on Atom CPUs
- OpenCL: optimisations for image processing, especially relating to FP16/half processing
- DX ComputeShader: fixes for image processing enabling both FP32 and FP16 performance.
- Cryptography: CUDA, OpenCL, DX CS: replaced with random data which reduces cache locality and thus performance especially on APUs. AES performance has thus reduced by up to 50-70%.
Commercial version customers can download the free updates from their software distributor; Lite users please download from your favourite download site.
Download Sandra Lite
As we move towards 2017, we have not forgotten our users with the just released SP3 for Sandra 2016 adding many additions and fixes to keep it up-to-date with new developments:
- NVMe SSD support (Windows 10, Samsung, Intel)
- nVidia CUDA 8 SDK support with native nVidia Pascal SM6.x hardware support (GTX 1080, 1070, 1060, etc.)
- Intel Core 7th Gen (Kaby Lake) support (ULV, Y, future desktop/H)
- TPM 2.0 support (mandated for new Windows 10)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) native support
As always the update is free, so please update as soon as possible.
For the month of May we have a new promotion, a FREE SiSoftware USB drive with any purchase of SANDRA Personal or Business Edition:
SANDRA 2016 Spring Promotion @ Jagged Onine
We are happy to release SP2 (Service Pack 2) to SiSoftware Sandra 2016.
This new version has been built with the updated tools in order to extract the maximum performance out of the latest hardware and also contains minor additions and fixes:
- Spanish Help file translation courtesy of Antonio Pérez Madrazo.
- CUDA 8.0 (Pascal) preliminary device support.
- Compiler optimisations including SIMD improvements.
As always the update is free so either visit the Sandra Lite Downloads or the Sandra Commercial Downloads.
We are happy to release SP1a (Service Pack 1a) to SiSoftware Sandra 2016.
This is a minor update that improves stability and adds a few optimisations that were developed after further testing of SP1 release.
The SP1a update also enables the Marbling: Perlin Noise 2D (3 octaves) Filter for both GPGPUs (CUDA, OpenCL) and CPU.
We are happy to release SP1 (Service Pack 1) to SiSoftware Sandra 2016.
This release introduces initial AVX512 benchmarks with all SIMD benchmarks due to be ported once compiler support becomes available:
– CPU Multi-Media (Fractal Generation): single, double floating-point; integer, long benchmarks ported to AVX512. [See article Future performance with AVX512]
– CPU Crypto (SHA Hashing): SHA2-256 and SHA2-512 multi-buffer ported to AVX512.
– Hardware support for future arch (AMD and Intel).
– .Net Multi-Media native vector support is vector width independent and thus will support AVX512 with a future CLR release automatically
– GPU Image Processing: New, more complex filters:
- Oil Painting: Quantise (9×9) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
- Diffusion: Randomise (256) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
- Marbling: Perlin Noise 2D (3 octaves) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
– CPU Image Processing: New, more complex filters
- Oil Painting: Quantise (9×9) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
- Diffusion: Randomise (256) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
- Marbling: Perlin Noise 2D (3 octaves) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
More benchmarks will be ported to AVX512 subject to compiler support; currently Microsoft’s VC++ does not support AVX512 intrinsics and in the interest of fairness we do not use specialised compilers.
Please see our article – Future performance with AVX512 – for a primer on AVX512 and projected performance improvements due to AVX512 and 512-bit transfers.
For February 2016 – and soon to arrive Valentine’s Day – we have some promotions for you to enjoy:
Happy Valentine’s Day (in advance) 😉
For January 2016 we have two new promotions: buy the Sandra 2016 Business of Tech Support Edition and receive a free USB power bank (emergency charger)!
We at SiSoftware would like to wish you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2016 and all the very best!
Thank you for using our software and look out for new exciting features in the New Year!
We are providing an update to Sandra 2016, RTMa (version 22.15) with various updates and fixes:
- .Net native Vector support: (floating-point single/double) in latest 4.6 CLR RyuJIT. the CLR automatically uses AVX/SSE2 SIMD as supported by the CPU. (see .Net Vectors (CLR 4.6 RyuJIT) Performance article for more information)
- CPU Image Processing: Did not run SIMD code-paths (FMA, AVX, SSE2) only FPU resulting in low performance.
- GPGPU Image Processing: Minor performance optimisation for median/de-noise filter.
- GPGPU Crypto: SHA performance optimisations for nVidia cards in CUDA and OpenCL (SHA1 especially).
- Overall Score 2016: score may not generate in all cases.
- Windows 10: 1511 SDK update (build 10586 2015 November update)
- Website Change: Due to transition to WP links and feeds were broken.
We recommend you update your version of Sandra 2016 as soon as possible.