We are happy to release SP2 (Service Pack 2) to SiSoftware Sandra 2016.
This new version has been built with the updated tools in order to extract the maximum performance out of the latest hardware and also contains minor additions and fixes:
- Spanish Help file translation courtesy of Antonio Pérez Madrazo.
- CUDA 8.0 (Pascal) preliminary device support.
- Compiler optimisations including SIMD improvements.
As always the update is free so either visit the Sandra Lite Downloads or the Sandra Commercial Downloads.
We are happy to release SP1a (Service Pack 1a) to SiSoftware Sandra 2016.
This is a minor update that improves stability and adds a few optimisations that were developed after further testing of SP1 release.
The SP1a update also enables the Marbling: Perlin Noise 2D (3 octaves) Filter for both GPGPUs (CUDA, OpenCL) and CPU.
We are happy to release SP1 (Service Pack 1) to SiSoftware Sandra 2016.
This release introduces initial AVX512 benchmarks with all SIMD benchmarks due to be ported once compiler support becomes available:
– CPU Multi-Media (Fractal Generation): single, double floating-point; integer, long benchmarks ported to AVX512. [See article Future performance with AVX512]
– CPU Crypto (SHA Hashing): SHA2-256 and SHA2-512 multi-buffer ported to AVX512.
– Hardware support for future arch (AMD and Intel).
– .Net Multi-Media native vector support is vector width independent and thus will support AVX512 with a future CLR release automatically
– GPU Image Processing: New, more complex filters:
- Oil Painting: Quantise (9×9) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
- Diffusion: Randomise (256) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
- Marbling: Perlin Noise 2D (3 octaves) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
– CPU Image Processing: New, more complex filters
- Oil Painting: Quantise (9×9) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
- Diffusion: Randomise (256) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
- Marbling: Perlin Noise 2D (3 octaves) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
More benchmarks will be ported to AVX512 subject to compiler support; currently Microsoft’s VC++ does not support AVX512 intrinsics and in the interest of fairness we do not use specialised compilers.
Please see our article – Future performance with AVX512 – for a primer on AVX512 and projected performance improvements due to AVX512 and 512-bit transfers.
We are providing an update to Sandra 2016, RTMa (version 22.15) with various updates and fixes:
- .Net native Vector support: (floating-point single/double) in latest 4.6 CLR RyuJIT. the CLR automatically uses AVX/SSE2 SIMD as supported by the CPU. (see .Net Vectors (CLR 4.6 RyuJIT) Performance article for more information)
- CPU Image Processing: Did not run SIMD code-paths (FMA, AVX, SSE2) only FPU resulting in low performance.
- GPGPU Image Processing: Minor performance optimisation for median/de-noise filter.
- GPGPU Crypto: SHA performance optimisations for nVidia cards in CUDA and OpenCL (SHA1 especially).
- Overall Score 2016: score may not generate in all cases.
- Windows 10: 1511 SDK update (build 10586 2015 November update)
- Website Change: Due to transition to WP links and feeds were broken.
We recommend you update your version of Sandra 2016 as soon as possible.