We are pleased to release R1X (version 31.20) update for Sandra 20/21 with the following changes:
Note: We have also back-ported most of the fixes to release R16x (version 30.120) update for Sandra 20/20 out now. Please update to this version of you are still using Sandra 20/20.
Benchmark Support, Updates & Fixes
- CPU Multi-Core Efficiency Benchmark: renamed to CPU “Inter-Thread Efficiency” Benchmark as it now measures and displays inter-thread/core/module (CCX)/node (die)/package (socket) thread latencies.
- CPU Inter-Thread Efficiency Benchmark: enabled 512-bit/AVX512 inter-thread transfers for higher bandwidth utilization on larger block sizes (64kB+).
- CPU Inter-Thread Efficiency Benchmark: reduce latency reported to just one mutex average not both (sum producer/consumer).
- All CPU Benchmarks: expanded CPU microcode version from 2 digits to 8 digits (i.e. MC-<cpuid>-<8V>).
- All GP-GPU Benchmarks: latest nVidia run-time (driver version 456+ CUDA/OpenCL) now includes company name in device name which results in duplicated company name (e.g. “nVidia NVIDIA 2080Ti“) that is pretty ugly.
- CUDA GP-GPU Benchmarks: updated to CUDA 11.3 SDK.
Please see our article Processor Multi-Core Efficiency: Inter-Thread Latency & Bandwidth Benchmarking for an in-depth look at the benchmark and an example of its results from a modern processor.
Hardware Support, Updates & Fixes
- All CPU Benchmarks: fix scheduler that fails to detect additional modules/CCXes on AMD Ryzen 3000-series – resulting in poor performance (all threads on CCX0). [Version 31.18 fix]. [Note that Ryzen Series 1000, 2000 & 5000 are *not* affected]
- All CPU Benchmarks: fix scheduler that fails to detect cores on old AMD (Athlon/Phenom) and Intel (Core 1/2) processors – resulting in poor performance (all threads on core 0). [Version 31.19 fix]
- All CPU Benchmarks: fix for failure to display results/scores on some Windows 10 systems. [Version 31.20 fix]
- All CPU Benchmarks: initial fixes for detection that fails to detect TDP/other power values on AMD Mobile Ryzen all series. Please contact us if you have such a processor and can help with troubleshooting.
- Please accept our apologies if you have been affected by the above issues; they are due to incorrectly skipped testing that has been addressed.
Additional Support, Updates & Fixes
- Branding update: all brand images have re-done in high resolution for modern displays.
- SiSoftware Official Benchmark Ranker: server has been replaced with a newer/faster server with the latest HTTP updates (HTTPS/2, BR(otli), etc.)
- SiSoftware Official Benchmark Ranker: far larger number of reference benchmark results (150/300 from 15/100) downloaded thanks to server update.
- All websites: Cloudflare CDN (HTTPS/3) to reduce client load times and support times of high load that would overwhelm the Ranker servers and cause DDOS. Please contact us if you experience any issues.
Reviews using Sandra 20/21:
- AMD GP-GPUs
- The Mega 50+ Game RTX 3060 Launch Review – Part 2
- The RTX 3070 FE Arrives at $499 to Match the RTX 2080 Ti’s Performance
- The RTX 3090 Founders Edition Performance Revealed – 35+ Games, SPEC & Workstation & GPGPU Benchmarked
- The RTX 3080 Arrives – Ampere Performance Revealed – 35+ Games & GPGPU Benchmarked
- AMD CPUs/GP-GPUs
- AMD Radeon RX 6900XT (RDNA2, Navi2X) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- AMD Radeon RX 6800 (RDNA2, Navi2L) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (Zen3) – CPU 16-core/32-thread Performance
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (Zen3) – CPU 6-core/12-thread Performance
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (Zen3) – CPU 8-core/16-thread Performance
- nVidia GP-GPUs
- Intel CPUs / APUs / GP-GPUs
- Intel 11th Gen Core RocketLake (i9-11900K) Review & Benchmarks – AVX512 Performance
- Intel Core Gen 11 RocketLake (i7-11700K) Review & Benchmarks – AVX512 Performance
- Intel Iris Gen12 Rocketlake (i7-11700K) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- Intel DG1 Discrete (Iris Xe Max Gen12) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- Intel Core Gen11 TigerLake ULV (i7-1165G7) Review & Benchmarks – CPU AVX512 Performance
- Intel Iris Plus G7 Gen12 XE TigerLake ULV (i7-1165G7) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- AMD CPUs/GP-GPUs
Update & Download
Commercial version customers can download the free updates from their software distributor; Lite users please download from your favourite download site.