We are pleased to release R1 (version 31.17) update for Sandra 20/21 (2021) with the following changes:
Note: We have also back-ported most of the changes to the R16 (version 30.99) update for Sandra 20/20 (2020) that has also been released at the same time.
Benchmark Support, Updates & Fixes
- Multi-Core Efficiency Benchmark: renamed to “Inter-Thread Efficiency” Benchmark as it now measures and displays inter-thread/core/module (CCX)/node (die)/pakage (socket) thread latencies.
- Inter-Thread Efficiency Benchmark: enabled 512-bit/AVX512 inter-thread transfers for higher bandwidth utilisation.
- Inter-Thread Efficiency Benchmark: reduce latency reported to just one of the
- All CPU Benchmarks: expanded CPU microcode version from 2 digits to 8 digits (i.e. MC-<cpuid>-<8V>).
Please see our article Processor Multi-Core Efficiency: Inter-Thread Latency & Bandwidth Benchmarking for an in-depth look at the benchmark and an example of its results from a modern processor.
Hardware Support, Updates & Fixes
- All Benchmarks: initial fix scheduler that fails to detect additional modules/CCXes on AMD Ryzen 3000-series. Please contact us if you have such a processor and can help with troubleshooting. [Note that Ryzen Series 1000, 2000 & 5000 are *not* affected]
- All Benchmarks: initial fixes for detection that fails to detect TDP/other power values on AMD Mobile Ryzen all series. Please contact us if you have such a processor and can help with troubleshooting.
Additional Support, Updates & Fixes
- Branding update: all brand images have re-done in high resolution for modern displays.
- Benchmark Ranker: server has been replaced with a newer/faster server with the latest HTTP updates (HTTP2, BR(otli), etc.)
- Benchmark Ranker: larger number of reference benchmark results (150/300 from 15/100) downloaded thanks to server update.
- All websites: Cloudflare CDN to reduce client load times and support times of high load that would overwhelm the Ranker servers and cause DOS.
Reviews using Sandra 20/21:
- AMD GP-GPUs
- The Mega 50+ Game RTX 3060 Launch Review – Part 2
- The RTX 3070 FE Arrives at $499 to Match the RTX 2080 Ti’s Performance
- The RTX 3090 Founders Edition Performance Revealed – 35+ Games, SPEC & Workstation & GPGPU Benchmarked
- The RTX 3080 Arrives – Ampere Performance Revealed – 35+ Games & GPGPU Benchmarked
- AMD CPUs/GP-GPUs
- AMD Radeon RX 6900XT (RDNA2, Navi2X) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- AMD Radeon RX 6800 (RDNA2, Navi2L) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (Zen3) – CPU 16-core/32-thread Performance
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (Zen3) – CPU 6-core/12-thread Performance
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (Zen3) – CPU 8-core/16-thread Performance
- nVidia GP-GPUs
- Intel CPUs / APUs / GP-GPUs
- Intel 11th Gen Core RocketLake (i9-11900K) Review & Benchmarks – AVX512 Performance
- Intel Core Gen 11 RocketLake (i7-11700K) Review & Benchmarks – AVX512 Performance
- Intel Iris Gen12 Rocketlake (i7-11700K) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- Intel DG1 Discrete (Iris Xe Max Gen12) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- Intel Core Gen11 TigerLake ULV (i7-1165G7) Review & Benchmarks – CPU AVX512 Performance
- Intel Iris Plus G7 Gen12 XE TigerLake ULV (i7-1165G7) Review & Benchmarks – GPGPU Performance
- AMD CPUs/GP-GPUs
Update & Download
Commercial version customers can download the free updates from their software distributor; Lite users please download from your favourite download site.